Almost the opposite happens to me (which could well be because my thinking
is shallow) but I tend to be satisfied with my first response. There are
exceptions of course. Complex questions. Questions that have lots of
nuance. Questions the answers to which change dramatically based on little
known information. But mostly, I'm happy with my first thoughts