On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 06:25:23AM +0530, Deepa Mohan wrote:
> Welcome, Jose! That was an interesting comment of yours about mailing
> lists... would like to hear a little more.

Just something I've experienced first hand. Mailing list discussions
tend to be more nuanced and carried in more good faith that a lot of
social network dumpster fires out there, where it seems like disruption
is the way to go. I think there are several causes for that, but the
facts that mailing lists have typically small memberships and, for a lot
of people, are cumbersome to manage and require some effort to join, I
think that nudges the subscribers to take more care of them.

Cheers,

-- José María (Chema) Mateos
https://rinzewind.org/blog-es || https://rinzewind.org/blog-en