On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 07:00:04PM +0530, Udhay Shankar N wrote:
> Inspired by one of the random discussions in the F2F meet yesterday.
>
> Silklist is a great place to ponder Warnock's Dilemma [1].
>
> Discuss.
>
> Udhay

This list, as any other mailing list nowadays (I guess) is distracting
people away because the mail does not have 'like button'. Or 'button
like'. But, like what? What button? There probably is a really huge
gap in expectations how things are meant to work. My way is reading
and writing with full size keyboard and terminal emulator. Not gonna
to be appreciated by those who think they can replace computer with
some stuff in their pocket.

>From the page:

#     The problem with no response is that there are five possible
#     interpretations:
#
#     1. The post is correct, well-written information that needs no
#     follow-up commentary. There's nothing more to say except "Yeah, what
#     he said."
#
#     2. The post is complete and utter nonsense, and no one wants to waste
#     the energy or bandwidth to even point this out.
#
#     3. No one read the post, for whatever reason.
#
#     4. No one understood the post, but won't ask for clarification, for
#     whatever reason.
#
#     5. No one cares about the post, for whatever reason.

I think it is mostly 3 and 4, for whatever reason, like conspiracy to
kill email and move all comms into push messaging directly to cell
phones, plus people dumbing down because they get more and more
shorter and shorter messages faster and faster.

Overally, if you ask me a question which cannot be answered with
conventional explanation/wisdom, I will recall some conspiracy theory
or make up one on demand.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola