MTR is over-rated. :-)

CTR (there are two of them near Malleswaram) is better for dosas. Shree
Sagar (Central tiffin room - CTR1) is near the Malleswaram ground.
Chikkanna Tiffin Room (CTR2) is near the temple in Kumara Park. Both have
lip-smacking dosas.

Venkateshwara Sweets for Mysore Pak, Veena Stores for Idlis.

Other decent dosas are at Airlines Hotel, Konark on Residency Road and
Ballal Residency (also Residency Road).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Venkat