You need north Chennai for truly oily and spicy food :) Like the
Burmese influenced atho/ mohinga in no name stalls around George Town

        --srs

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:12 AM +0530, "Narayanan Hariharan"
<narayanan.hariha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here goes the Chennai list.

Spice Klub in Nungambakkam for Indian food with a twist.

Sangeetha for South Indian breakfast

Mahamudra in Mylapore for South Indian cuisine of the healthy kind (millets,
more veggies etc etc). Prems Grama Bhojanam falls under this category too, but
isn’t as fancy.

Southern Spice in Taj Coromandel for South Indian lunch

Avartana in ITC Grand Chola for South Indian dinner

If they are up to it, as a side project of Passing Ports, we take people out on
a Mylapore temple + food walk and a Sowcarpet food walk, but that’s only if
they are game for the hustle and bustle of our streets and can stomach
oily/spicy food.

--
Narayanan Hariharan

On 18 September 2019 at 11:02:11, Geetanjali Chitnis