Hi all!

I have a question about placing hot food on a paper towel to suck up the
grease. Firstly, a quick heads up: my knowledge of physics is poor. I still
retain an interest in science especially as it relates to daily living. In
the case of hot food being placed on a paper towel, I'm a little spooked
(unnecessarily, my husband thinks) by the thought of electron transfer
between paper (has chlorine that bleaches it and formaldehyde, a known
carcinogen) and food. I'm aware of the classic example of the bat and ball
in quantum physics where through contact they exchange electrons - well,
that's my understanding of it. Would any of you be able to advise me on
whether I have it all wrong? I was wondering too if the heat plays a role
although I have learned that fresh food is actually quite susceptible to
picking up chemical residue.  Happy to learn.

Thank you.
Radhika

--
*Translator/Owner*