My original composition which often gets me kicked in the shins if the
listener is in close proximity

An inuit decides to pull his tribe out of the darkness of ignorance into
the sunlit uplands of knowledge by teaching them geometry. He needs
textbooks in the inuit language, and alas, there are none. So he writes one
himself and decides to get a thousand copies printed. The best quote is
from Guangzhou so he sends his money and soon enough, the books land up at
the port
He loads the cargo on to his sleds and marches off to the far north,  where
his people live.
And as he trudged along, his heart swells with pride, because he's the
first in his tribe to cart Asian  geometry to polar coordinates.

Sometimes,  I have to explain Cartesian and polar coordinates,  after which
they kick me in the shins. The knowledgeable ones kick me straight away