In another thread, Doug McMurtrie wrote:

> Mike, that looked like a pretty reasonable protocol to me. The
> only part that I see needing clarification is the silver wire
> source. That should be specified with a company name, address, and
> phone number provided. Everything else should be available at the
> local Radio Shack.

We could have Marsha supply all of us from her stash. <grin>

When I proposed the design, I considered the purity spec and the
size/length to be more critical than the composition of the minor
impurities. If we have a lot of unexplainable variations between
different people's results, that would remain one of the unknowns
we'd have to explore.

Everybody using the same wire would eliminate the variable for now,
but we'd still have to check to see if it is actually a problem
before we could release the protocol for general use. Couldn't
afford to have Ma and Pa using a different wire source and getting
different results without us knowing it.

Good question. I don't have the answer.

Mike D.
[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]