Upcoming legislation that will severely affect your health choices.
----- Original Message -----
From: Healthfreedom.net
To: Paula Perry
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:41 PM
Subject: Upcoming legislation that will severely affect your health choices.

AAHF/HFF rarely asks you to take action on a bill BEFORE it is even
introduced, but occasionally we come across a piece of legislation that we
consider so horrendous that we must act before it is even introduced.
Unfortunately, Senators Kennedy (D/MA) Burr (R/NC) and Roberts (R/KS), among
others are considering legislation that would severely restrict and possibly
deny your access to critical medications.  Act today to protect patient
access to compounded medicines.  Send your letters today to your Senators
with a copy going to Senators Kennedy, Burr, and Roberts.

About the Bill
Just as everybody has a unique fingerprint, so is our response to various
pharmaceuticals and other healing modalities.  No reasonable person can
expect a mass produced pharmaceutical to address all the subtle nuances of
varying human physiology - but that is not stopping Big Pharma, the FDA, and
Congress from trying to take away your right to individualized medicine.

If this legislation passes, federal regulators, not your doctor, will decide
what medicines you can take.  Do you really want to leave your customized
medicine needs in the hands of bureaucrats in the government? We cannot
stand idly by while our pharmacists and doctors are forced to become mere
dispensers of a few heavily-advertised, one-size-fits-all pharmaceutical
products.

Among other things, the so-called Safe Drug Compounding Act of 2007 would
give the Food and Drug Administration the power to:
Broadly eliminate the availability of many critical, commonly compounded
medications that many patients rely on, such as bioidentical hormones for
women, hospice care treatments for the terminally ill and customized
medicines for children.
Determine when compounded medicines are needed - a decision that has always
been and should always be made by doctors.
Restrict the compounded medications your doctor can prescribe even if he or
she determines you need them.
According to the Washington, D.C. political magazine Congressional
Quarterly, pharmaceutical manufacturers are in "high lobby mode" in support
of this legislation.  From what we understand, hospitals are staying silent,
anticipating that they will be exempt from this bill.  We are working with
doctor groups, compounding pharmacist organizations, consumer groups, and
women associations among others, but it's not enough.  We are up against a
highly organized, well-funded front and we need you to stop them.

A Sample of Those Affected
Menopausal women and andropausal men, the Autistic community, individuals
living with HIV/AIDS, hospice patients, infants and young children with
conditions like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and people who are
extremely allergic or sensitive to fillers, dyes, and additives in medicines
will be left with no choice.

What can you do?
If you or someone you know depends on compounded medications, act now to
stop this dangerous legislation!

1.  Write your elected representatives in Congress.  Use AAFH's easy-to-use
tool to write your members of Congress.  REMEMBER:  It's critical that you
personalize your letter.  Tell your own story.  Tell them how you rely on
compounded medicines and what your life would be like without them.
2.  Tell a friend.  Even if your friends and relatives don't rely on
compounded medicines themselves, they still have a loved one - you - who
does.  That's their story to tell.  Please encourage them to tell their
representatives in Congress.
3.  Tell more friends.  The best weapon we have in this fight is you.  You
are involved in the patient/doctor relationship.  Yours is the story that
Congress cannot ignore.  The more people we can get to unite in support of
compounded medicines, the better our chances of winning will be.
4.  Show your support with a financial contribution and/or join AAHF today.
In order to do all the things that we will need to do over the next few
months (and particularly the next few weeks), we need funds.  This is an
unexpected fight and we need to act fast and we have to think outside of the
box!
5.  Keep updated!  Listen to our lobbyist, Dr. William Duncan on the Deborah
Ray show on April 4th in the afternoon - find out more information or listen
online at www.healthytalkradio.com.

Please get involved in this struggle - we can't do it without you.

This issue is fundamentally about the right of the consumer to choose and
the practitioner to practice.  It will take a very large grassroots movement
to make Congress sit up and hear us. It happened in 1994 with DSHEA and can
happen again in 2007! Your voice does count. Please contact Congress today.

Additional information and action items will be developed shortly.  Please
check our site frequently for more information (next to be posted on our
website: flyers that you can print or request).

Thank you for taking action.

Best, Brenna

Brenna Hill
Executive Director
Health Freedom Foundation and American Association for Health Freedom
4620 Lee Highway, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22207
1.800.230.2762
Fax: 703.294.6380
www.healthfreedom.net

P.S. Don't forget to JOIN, DONATE, TAKE ACTION, and TELL-A-FRIEND!

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
 Tell-a-friend!

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
Healthfreedom.net.

management page to modify your email communication preferences or update
your personal profile. To stop ALL email from Healthfreedom.net, click to
remove yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or
unsubscribe" in the subject line).

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM