In a message dated 7/10/2007 2:20:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com writes:

Hmm, I wonder if the same effect could be gotten by dipping socks in
straight CS after laundering, and letting them air dry?
Has anyone ever tried that? I've heard of people spraying the inside of
tennis shoes with CS.............

Several years ago I was spraying my socks with CS and that did help. Ivan
dipped his socks in CS then dried them  at a low temperature in the oven. He
said
that really helped. A few months afterward I saw the blurb about selling
silver socks to the military. Back then my CS production was 16 ounces and that
took all day using 3 nine volt batteries, so I did not have much CS to waist on
my socks or I would have tried it too. I now heard that wearing wool socks
keeps your feet dry and fungus prefers a damp wet environment. Wool socks are
cheaper than silver socks and do the same thing.
Brickey