Marshall Dudley wrote:
sol wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if the same effect could be gotten by dipping socks in straight CS after laundering, and letting them air dry? Has anyone ever tried that? I've heard of people spraying the inside of tennis shoes with CS.............
I am not sure it would be as effective. As it drys the particles aggregate and many quite possibly react with trace gases containing sulfur producing silver sulfide. The socks contain silver and another metal, such as aluminum, such that when they become moist, create a current that makes ionic silver and colloidal silver on the spot.

Thanks! I believe Ode wrote about the aluminum in the silver bandaids, but I didn't really "get" what it does. I can see where that would be good. But if I ever get toenail fungus, I still won't have the wherewithall to pay $25 a pair for socks, so I guess I'd be paining the nails and around and under with CS/DMSO.
sol