> Hi Mike.

Hi Faith,

> I certainly agree with your observations and suggestions.

Thanks!

> What I do not agree with is the compaliner's rude message.  If that
> poster finds this message board to be so rude and arrogant and so very
> full of hot air then the question is why does he even bother to
> continue showing up here?

If you're talking about Tel, he's been on the list for a number of
years, and he's right to observe that the list has changed since times
in the past when message volume was generally much less and the signal
to noise ratio higher.

It was probably quite a shock to him to arrive in the midst of a surge
of 120 message days with little to no CS content. <grin>

>  Let him go spend his hard earned dollars elsewhere. Unsubscribing is
> very easy, but I suppose he had to bust out with a lot of hot air,
> arrogance and gargage of his own first and I hope he/she feels much
> better now.

No, we're just not yet trimmed back to the best (least annoying?)
compromise between topic freedom and letting the list become
overwhelmed. I'm working to preserve that spark of spontaneity and the
scope of discussion, but I need help from each of you to keep the
quality up and the volume manageable.

The other side of this argument is, do you really want somebody who's
coming here, tired, stressed out, desparate for options, either sick
themselves or caring for a loved one, to be inundated by a hundred
messages before seeing even one come by that's about CS? A third of
which probably could have not been sent at all?

> (Why does it cost him to download?  He is behind the 8-ball.)

As I said in my other message, dial-up and other antiquated access
methods are still common, and I'm not prepared to ignore the needs of a
third of our members (roughly, guessing) who still use them.

I've got broadband and a machine that's fast enough to handle the
messages easily. Many don't have that luxury.

Now, at some point, I *will* spend a little time reminding everyon of
the repeated admonition in the rules against playing LIST COP, which is
what Tel was doing and you're right to resent. That's my job, folks,
not yours! <grin> (Now I just have to do it, eh?)

Peace,

Mike D.