proper dosage would make it safe

As I said earlier our bodies maintain balance. If you want to do it as well, you'd need to monitor your blood every hour. It is the form of what we eat, which compromised uptake of nutrients, in the mouth, in the gut and in the blood isn't it?

On this point we agree... given the proper input, and given no extreme physical damage or deformity of any of our primary organs - mainly the liver, kidneys, bowels and skin - the body will maintain its own balance.

I avoid as much as possible taking any individual vitamin or mineral supplements - but vitamin c is an exception to that rule.

The fact is, sometimes extreme measures are necessary to help the body back to a place where it is capable of maintaining that balance by itself - and usually the problem lies with the above mentioned organs.