Starting in July 2004 and over the course of about 15 months I had four
Visudyne laser surgeries on my left eye for wet macular degeneration. One
must hold very still and it doesn't hurt a wink. The only problem is
staying completely out of sunlight for 5 days (or more) because the dye I
got each time makes one's skin sensitive to the sun and can cause very bad
painful blistering which takes forever to heal.
To me it was totally worth it. It was that or lose my sight. No contest.
And I have one of the most FABULOUS doctors in the world He is kind,
gentle, sweet and very knowledgable and when time permits he travels the
world with his crew teaching and healing free of charge. I am lucky to be
still under his care for check ups and whatever else I might need.
I say: Go for it. Good luck.
Faith
----- Original Message -----
From: "M. G. Devour" <[email protected]>
To: "silver-list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:48 AM
Subject: CS>Torn retina, laser treatment
Greetings my friends,
I had an interesting day today.
Background: Late last week I was working under one of our cars and
managed to whap myself hard on the outer third of my left eyebrow and
eye with the handle of a screwdriver. (Note to self: a screwdriver is
not a pry bar...) Two days ago I noticed that I'd actually given myself
a bit of a black eye; the fold of skin between the eyelid and brow was
a little bruised and sore.
This morning I noticed a few sparks of light along an arc on the left
margin of the vision in my left eye. I wasn't overly concerned, but
made a mental note to "keep an eye on them." (Pun intended.)
About noon I set out to do some errands. I'd just pulled up to a stop
light when I noticed a strange dark fluttering object flickering in and
out of existence on the dash board... Actually, it was in my left eye.
Once I'd managed to focus on it, I realized I was seeing a perfectly
rendered image of a very small blood vessel bleeding into my eye. I was
literally seeing the tiny dots of red blood cells streaming out from a
point and dissipating, much like smoke from a chimney in a light
breeze. It left a diffused scattering of tiny translucent dots strewn
across my field of vision, which shifted back and forth with the
vitreous humor as I moved my head or shifted my eyes.
Needless to say I was concerned. I called my wife on the cell phone and
told her what was going on. She volunteered to call the opthalmology
clinic she'd gone to before and see what they suggested. I ended up
with a 3:30 appointment.
I finished my errands, meanwhile watching as the bleeding seemed to
stop and re-start several times over the next couple of hours.
The exam (administered at various points by a resident, a medical
student, the attending physician and a laser specialist) did not reveal
the bleeding, which leads me to believe that it is truly microscopic in
scale and unlikely to be a major issue itself. However, they all did
find a torn spot on the inner, lower verge of my left retina, and some
posterior vitreous detachment to explain the bleeding and some of the
'floaters.'
One of the tests the resident did (look straight ahead, how many
fingers am I holding here... here... etc.) revealed a small gap in my
peripheral vision at the upper left edge of my left eye field, which I
don't remember noticing before and probably corresponds with the
current injury.
The doctors feel it is a good candidate for laser treatment to tack
down the edges of the area to prevent fluids from getting behind the
retina to cause further damage.
To complete the picture: Interocular pressure was slightly high in my
*right* eye, not in the left. The retinas look otherwise healthy. The
nerves may have a slightly elevated "cup to disk ratio" which might be
a very early sign of other things like glaucoma... or nothing
significant. My corrected vision is still very good and clear.
Since the exam I now have somewhat more "floaters" in my left eye,
including a rather extensive one right in the middle, possibly a
consequence of all the poking, probing, dilating and numbing, or else
an independent continuation of whatever is going on inside my eye.
I'm scheduled for a laser repair Friday afternoon. I could have had it
done today, but, in the absence of a critical situation, I decided to
give myself time to do at least a little research before going ahead.
Okay, folks, now's your chance...
Pros and cons of laser treatment to tack the torn spot back down?
Should I rush, or give other things a try first?
Alternative or complementary therapies that can stop or help repair the
damage?
Long term strategies to prevent future problems?
Anywhere else I should seek advice?
In reviewing my archive of the list messages, I've seen some good
comments on the laser surgery; there's Chuck's concoction of CS, MSM,
DMSO, and eybright tincture (for floaters and general health); Marshall
mentioned "organic germanium" as a treatment for retinal detachment...
and I'm only back to 2002!
Anybody know about this germanium? Source? Success with it?
I've got all the stuff I need to do Chuck's therapy, except the
proverbial round 'tuit'. Maybe could have prevented some of this.
<sigh>
Thank you in advance, folks. It's good to have such a resource to draw
on at need.
Peace,
Mike D.
[Mike Devour, Citizen, Patriot, Libertarian]
[[email protected] ]
[Speaking only for myself... ]
--
The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.
Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org
To post, address your message to: [email protected]
Address Off-Topic messages to: [email protected]
The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...
List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>