OK, if they know they are lying, but consider that there are many ailments that don't amount to a diagnosis of some syndrome or known pathology. ALso, in the early stages, depending how a patient presents themsleves, and with no clear indications, why fear the worst, when things do spontaneously improve - or should do. Like, I somethimes don't feel 100%. But as I never go to the doctor for anything, unless I need surgery to remove a bullet or something, or to witness my concussion after slipping on a supermarket floor (ho ho), I say to myself, look here somehting is wrong, you are pushing yourself and living unhealthily. LIke I rest before I get bad flu, and go for a walk in the fresh air if I've been too sedentary.

Those nasty symptoms, of being run down, could be the beginning of cancer, or ME, muscle atrophy, bone deterioration, myoinfarction etc. And sure, I know myself I've had them all and cured them at the outset.

Also, it's worth considering that doctors do value the placebo effect, tell a patient there is nothing wrong, is known to have a benign effect a lot of the time - reassurance. It helps people to get over minor (or early) stage symptoms. I don't think all doctors think their patients are imagining symptoms all the time...like the symptoms of old age are widespread, but non-specific.

Well, that's to expand understanding of the big picture. But I don't forget, doctors can be ruthless, corrupt, nasty, petty, overbearing, vain, stupid, arrogant, and as you say, evil.
But not all of them all the time.
The main problem is medicine as an industry. Same with herbalism, reiki, housebuilding, convenience food, spiritual guides that accost you in your living room... you name it. But getting a haircut isn't so bad, unless you you go to Sweeny Todd (who worked for a doctor, I think).

JOhn