Hi Tony.  Thanks for your response.  Apparently she used CS to treat her horse
for Lyme disease, and was made aware somehow that her horse's selenium
deficiency was a consequence of the CS.  On our EPM list, many of us have used
CS to treat our horses for EPM and none of us, to my knowledge, have had any
problem with selenium deficiency.  But that apparently is the result of our
geographical areas containing sufficient selenium for replacement through
grazing and forage consumption.  I know that there are parts of this country
that do not provide sufficient selenium -- I live in one.  For this reason, I
supplement my horses' diets with a selenium product.  She must live in an area
like mine, but is unaware of it and does not supplement selenium.  But I was
unaware of the relationship between CS and selenium, and I think that's
valuable knowledge.  MA