The seeds get ground up pretty good since they are blended with a Braun hand
blender in a glass with all the rest of the ingredients...I have seen Flax seed
meal sold as well...thanks debbie

cking...@nycap.rr.com wrote:  flax seed oil goes rancid very quickly in
storage, while flax seed
does not.

Whole flax seed passes through the body with no benefit, so to get the
benefit, the knowlegeable grid a tablespoonful or two of whole seed in
a small electric coffee (Braun) grinder before adding to smoothees
etc.
No rancidity.

Chuck
It is easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye if they are
lightly greased