  From: Maureen<mailto:lightow...@yahoo.com>
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com<mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:09 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>TICK REPELLANT

  I have recently joined the list.  I intended to lurk and learn about CS as I
do not know much about it; however, EO's are a subject near and dear to my
heart.  I used to take my dog up to Northern Wisconsin.  My research showed the
following EO's effective against ticks:

  Rose Geranium
  Cedarwood (also helps with flies)
  Palmarosa
  Myrrh

  I made a blend up with these and it helped.  It did not completely keep the
ticks off (there are MAJOR ticks in Northern Wisconsin).  As a result, she
evidently was exposed to Lyme Disease.  In her check up at the vet, she tested
positive for Lyme although did not show any symptoms.  The vet told me her own
immune system fought it off - the titer showed the same results as if she had
been vaccinated a couple months previous.  Guess that's one of the plusses with
a raw fed dog given minimum vaccines - a healthy immune system.

  For mosquitoes (and this does work), I make a blend with 10 parts Geranium,
10 parts Lemongrass, 5 parts Lavendar, 5 parts peppermint, 5 parts eucalyptus,
2 parts cinnamon and 5 parts Canadian catnip.  I put about 30 drops in 1/4 cup
water and shake well before spraying.  This works for me and my yellow lab - I
would not use it on babies, small dogs or cats.

  Maureen