Thank you very much for all this Langsley. I have to warn you that I am really good at getting things go wrong! But I am also a tryer. dee

Langsley wrote:

 ]

Hi Mike, and thank you
for legitimizing this thread.

Dee,  When it comes to trying
Linux, what could be easier than than putting in a live CD and rebooting, selecting run from CD (rather than install)? once the Live CD boots you're free to play with Linux without ever affecting your hard drive or any installed software. When you're through experimenting you simply Log out, reboot your computer, take out the CD and you automatically boot back into Windows.
Here is a list of Linux distributions which offer a live CD and are
available free. Or if you don't want to download the distro and burn it to a CD They are available on a CD or DVD for very little money.