From: M. G. Devour [mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:41 AM
To: silver-l...@eskimo. Com
Cc: nenahsyl...@cox.net
Subject: Re: CS>URGENT--need info about silver-compatible humidifier

Nenah, I don't know what system you're trying to use, but what you're
looking for is a unit that has a round, piezoelectric element in direct
contact with the water. There should be no filter or wick between the
water supply and the element, and it should create a clearly visible
cloud of vapor, which is blown through the outlet by a small fan.

These look like they have potential:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9875653

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6958805

I'd avoid anything that talks about having a wick, or has a filter
that's not obviously removable. The water should flow into a little
well surrounding the piezo element and the mist should erupt from the
surface of the water directly above the element, and be blown gently
toward the outlet by a fan that draws room air in through the base.

Oh, and if you read the user comments for these things you'll know it's
best to use distilled water (or CS, of course!) and protect the surface
that it's on against moisture damage. <grin>

Be well,

Mike D.