Melamine plastic is no different than any other plastic. They are almost all formed from toxic monomers, catalysts, or give off toxic compounds when curing. PVC is made from very toxic vinyl chloride, acrylic from toxic methyl methacrylate, polyethylene from highly poisonous ethylene, polystyrene from highly toxic styrene, polyester from polyester resin, toxic styrene and methyl ethyl keytone peroxide which is especially nasty. Then you have things like polyurethane which is basically made from urine, but forms formaldehyde when it cures and outgasses heavily. In addition many plastics, such as PVC (but not melamine) have plasticizers in them that diffuse out and are mimics of estrogen. Melamine and polyethylene are probably the least problematical of these as far as having anything left over which might diffuse out later, and Melamine probably has the least toxic monomer of any of them. So I don't understand the criticism of melamine when most of the other plastics are really much worse.

Marshall

mborg...@att.net wrote:
Dee,
Why are you arguing with me?? I am mearly telling you that it contains melamine, you may not feel it, smell it or taste it but....poison is poison.
Keep using it, time will tell if anyone in you family gets sick.
Mary Mary

    -------------- Original message from "Dee Fitzpatrick"

    I don't find any problems with the little pads and I use non toxic
    things for everything else.  That is, I use soap-nuts to wash
    clothes with (no softener) and  Feem for cleaning surfaces such as
    floors which are dirty - otherwise just micro-fibre cloths and
    water.  The little pads clean all the bathroom things just fine,
without using other more toxic substances. dee /-------Original Message-------/ /*From:*/ indi <mailto:indi.sha...@gmail.com>