Hi Aldona,

If you live in the USA then distilled water is very readily available and
cheap. It seems that in most other countries in the world it is difficult to
get distilled water and its expensive.

Making CS with distilled water should give a product with an almost
indefinite shelf life.

Making CS with ordinary water wwill give a produce with a life of a few days
to 2 weeks maybe.

Hope that helps.
Tony Moody

Subject : CS>Shelf-life of CS