Hi Aldi,

If you make this detox foot bath setup and do it all in one tub, as I have
tried for interest sake, you will find the color of the water changing
similarly to that of a commercial unit. In a two tub system you will notice
only a faint discoloration of the water in comparison and a change in smell
which is mostly due to the ionizing effect on the stainless steel spoons.

 What causes the orange (rusty) coloration in the water in a single tub
arrangement are the iron oxides being released from the stainless steel during
the process.This happens in a pronounced way only when the two electrodes are
in the same tub and it becomes more pronounced the closer they are to one
another due to the current being proportionally higher and causing the metals
to be torn off during electrolysis at a greater rate. This will happen whether
or not your feet are in the tub (same as in a commercially available unit). I
have experimented with these foot baths a little to satisfy my curiosity.

Impurities in the water can also influence the resulting color as could the
salt and anything in it. That being said, many people, including myself, have
noticed dark, smelly, scummy material in the water while using a good
commercial model to detoxify which cannot be explained away by externals, in my
opinion, and seems to clearly point to toxins coming out of the body. This may
be debated forever by those for and those against the concept being a reality.
There seems to be people of both camps willing to argue this one out till the
cows come home.

I have a commercial model also (a Pedi-Flex) and believe that it has helped me
to detoxify but I have no empirical evidence such as heavy metal tests to back
up my beliefs, just subjective observations.

I doubt that you could use your Colloid Master for this purpose and I wouldn't
recommending trying. Making my own two tub foot bath last year cost me about
$12 in parts I think. It's about as cheap as it gets and simple to make.

Have fun!

Blessings,

Peter