here is a recipe for Oral Rehydration Therapy [ORT] it works very well for
adults, children and animals. I prefer this to Gatorade or Pedialyte because I
can make it myself and I know exactly what is in it.

  The "simple solution"

  Home made ORS recipe

  Preparing a 1 (one) litre oral rehydration solution
  [ORS] using
  Salt, Sugar and Water at Home

  Mix an oral rehydration solution using  one of the following
  recipes; depending on ingredients and container availability:

  Ingredients:
  one level teaspoon of salt eight level teaspoons of sugar one litre of clean
drinking or boiled water and then cooled

      5 cupfuls (each cup about 200 ml.)
  Preparation Method:
  Stir the mixture till the salt and sugar dissolve.

Best regards...

Sandy

Live and let live...