Paul, I also made a batch of unencapsulated vitimin C. I have reread
the suggested protocol and am sure I didn't vary any step except that
my machine cycled for two 3min cycles instead of three 2min cycles.. I
did use distilled water. I made sure all equipment was clean and dry
before I began. I used a new pkg. of lecithin granules. They dissolved
well into the water after several minutes. I used new ascorbic acid
and it also disolved well into its water. I combined them in a brand
new clean U S cleaner.  (stirred slowly w/straw) When I tested a 4 oz
sample in a 12 oz tumbler, it foamed like mad (about 2 inches).

I tried re-running the U S cleaner on the remaining solution - still
no noticable encapsulation.

I wondered if there was a problem with my U S cleaner or one of the
ingredients.

Tonight I will try again with a different ultrasonic cleaner.
If that fails, I will try a new package of lecithin.
If that fails, I'll have to try new vitamin C.

If I succeed at any point, I will inform you with details.
Gail