http://www.MontecitoWellness.com/

A  Non-Toxic Plastic Water Bottle

Many folks know of the potential toxicity of plastic water bottles, but are not willing to lug around a heavy glass one. I will be commenting further about the unique properties of silver, and certainly one could safely drink out of a silver cup. I came up with the idea of combining silver and a plastic such as polycarbonate with two objectives in mind. First is to use the silver to bind with the toxic components in the plastic to prevent them from being leached into the water. Second is to provide a source of silver ions on the inside and outside surface of the container to disinfect the water in the container, and to disinfect the hands of the user on the outside of the container, in an effort to avoid the spread of nasty bacterial infections such as MRSA (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus). I have filed a patent application covering the concept in the hope of attracting a company to commercialize it.