From: Dorothy Fitzpatrick [mailto:d...@deetroy.org]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 3:50 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Silver Impregnated Water Bottle

Sounds good.  dee

On 13 Sep 2009, at 20:39, Garnet wrote:

http://www.MontecitoWellness.com/

A  Non-Toxic Plastic Water Bottle

               Many folks know of the potential toxicity of plastic water
bottles, but are not willing to lug around a heavy glass one.  I will be
commenting further about the unique properties of silver, and certainly one
could safely drink out of a silver cup.  I came up with the idea of
combining silver and a plastic such as polycarbonate with two objectives in
mind.  First is to use the silver to bind with the toxic components in the
plastic to prevent them from being leached into the water.  Second is to
provide a source of silver ions on the inside and outside surface of the
container to disinfect the water in the container, and to disinfect the
hands of the user on the outside of the container, in an effort to avoid the
spread of nasty bacterial infections such as MRSA (methicillin resistant
staphylococcus aureus).  I have filed a patent application covering the
concept in the hope of attracting a company to commercialize it.