  From: MaryAnn Helland
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 6:36 AM
  Subject: Re: Mary was // Re: CS>Homeopathic Silver

  Hi Jane.  Thank you for your reply.  EPM is Equine Protozoal Myloencephalitis
-- a protozoal infection of the spinal cord, resulting in neurological symptoms
consistent with the location of the infective lesion(s).  Standard allopathic
drug treatment is very expensive, and rarely effective for the simple reason
that it isn't continued long enough.  One of the reasons that EIS is so
valuable as a treatment protocol is that it is very in-expensive, and people
can afford to treat their horses for as long as necessary.  EPM isn't unlike
Lyme in that the protozoa seem to have the ability to hide in the body where
the meds bypass them, then they re-emerge later to create havoc again.  So --
I'm of the mind, as I think are most of the list-members here, that the EIS
that we make is at the least as good as, and likely superior to, any other
silver product.  I feel that we're already using what is most appropriate --
we've been successfully using it for many years.  The information that I'm
needing is how to explain to a vet who is apparently misinformed about silver
products, that she is (misinformed) and to be able to explain why.  Anyone who
is referring to CS as *heavy metal* isn't educated on the subject -- and if
you're going to tell this to a vet, you better be understanding the information
yourself.  So that's the kind of information that I'm looking for.  Thanks
again.  MA