Your snipped quote:

[empowered from an early age]

-To me, that's it in a nut shell, informing the kids from day dot, whilst not
going overboard, is the starting point, from there they will be better informed
which MAY enable better, definitely better informed, decision making for
themselves and theirs in the future.  Issues raised in conversation over time,
in combination with eye witness accounts of successful treatments of their
peers as they are growing up, SHOULD produce plenty of fruit later on.

N.