From: Richard Goodwin <dickgoodwin2...@yahoo.com>
Date: 3 December 2009 11:59:35 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>spreading the word

One funny thing I have noticed is how difficult it is to convince anybody who doesn't already know about CS how amazing it is.

Both of my groan, er, I mean, grown kids have worked at the New England Journal of Medicine, and they are "True Believers" in the AMA, FDA, and all things traditional western medicine. And they steadfastly refuse to believe in anything else. These are 30- somethings. At the moment. They totally scoff at the idea of CS, as if we are talking about voodoo or witchdoctors or something.

Same reaction with people at work. So now I just don't bother much. I hear them coughing and sniffing, taking off sick, talking about the flu, getting their flu shots, getting colds, etc., and think how nice it is not to have to deal with any of that any more. But even when they are sick, they don't want to hear about CS.

Of course it doesn't help that the powers that are against it have websites that they pay to keep at the front of google searches, that put down CS and try to scare people away from it. A friend of mine did a google search on it, and the first 3 or 4 items were quackwatch, some site from a university, the standard blue man and gray people pictures, etc. It's no wonder people get turned off to it. I looked into quackwatch, and found references to the guy who owns it having received awards from the FDA. No surprises there. The university sites were AMA connected. You have to pay to get your website up front on google like that, and I'll bet I know exactly who is paying in this case.

Anyhow, interesting phenomenon, the resistance to learning about something new like this, or maybe it is just resistance to learning about anything that doesn't come from one's own doctor?

Dick