The reason they call hematite blood stone is because when hematite is ground
(as in cabbing) the iron oxide 'slush' is blood colored.  Ancients knew this
and used hematite for healing blood problems.

The ancients have used stone/mineral healing for centuries.  Each type of
stone radiates a certain energy, and it's this energy that changes people.
It's subtle, but there.

Samala,
Renee