  From: Brooks Bradley
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:32 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>YouTube - LDN 2008 Dr Burt Berkson Best of part 1

  Dear Dan,
  Yes, it is quite acceptable to use ALA as an oral protocol......for an
extensive list of insults. However, if the presenting insult is of MAJOR
  CONSEQUENCE (e.g. Toxemia, diabetic surge, fulminating pathogens, massive
liver enzyme fluctuations, etc.) There is no substitute for IMMEDIATE IV
administered by
  health professionals. Do understand, it requires upwards of 2000 mg to be
administered.....several times---in a single day, to effect the life-saving
qualities required for Amanita poisoning..
  We have found, in our experimental researches, that 400 mg daily (for most
Type II presentations) does a SPLENDID job of modulating a majority of
  the negative effects of diabetes. The beneficial effects go beyond the
liver,proper, and include the pancreas. One of the genuinely positive effects
Alpha Lipoic Acid is
  that it demonstrates a splendid support of the endocrine system.....providing
biological support which relieves the pancreas of much of its duty in
responding to systemic challenges
  requiring ENZYMATIC support....in addition to its, normal, alimentary tract
supports. ALA, thus, measurably lowers the demands on the pancreas for
extraordinary enzyme support. I do not k
  have the time....at present...to elaborate on the mechanics of how this is
accomplished, but will say that the ability of ALA to "recycle" both vitamin C
and Vitamin E-----produces
  enormous systemic advantages to both the liver and the pancreas. Persons
presenting with neuralgia of the extremities (especially the feet and ankles),
VERY often obtain immediate
  (within hours) relief of the burning/itching discomforts......just by taking
around 500 mg of ALA and repeating the protocol twice daily until total relief
is achieved. Sustained
  levels of around 400 mg (once daily) proved to be (as a general rule) quite
adequate for mitigating against recurring episodes.
  While we have found no single MAGIC BULLET to be a "complete" curative agent
for all the insults affecting the liver and supporting systems......Alpha
Lipoic Acid is the CLOSEST
  thing to such.
  Interested parties can do no better (in my opinion) than to obtain a copy of
Dr. Berkson's Book "The Alpha Lipoic Acid Breakthrough".......if a knowledge of
the many benefits/uses of ALA
  are of real importance to them.
  In my own case, I take 400 mg of ALA daily....to splendid effect, I might
add. My father was a diabetic, and suffered many complications before his
death. His twin sister died from complications of Type II diabetes, at 64 years
of age. Their mother died of Type II complications....at a young age. My only
brother suffered from Type II diabetes from the age of 55, until his
  death at 84 (this past Feb.). Although I have been and still
am.....considered to be "considerably above average" in expressing vital
health, I experienced several pre-diabetic complications around the age of 50.
Some form of glucose management challenge did remain present, off and on, until
I instituted a "home made" liver-support" program.....(age58) which, although
somewhat modified------I continue to this day. I consider ALA to be the LYNCH
PIN in my present program.....which is based upon diet (type and origin of food
is the most critical----I believe). Without Marine Kelp as a continuing
supplement,I have found that NOTHING has proved completely successful in my
glucose management program.
  Although I do not...as a general rule...modify my commentary with personal
experience----I feel that in this case, its emphasis might serve to benefit.
  I hope these comments have been of some value to you.....and others who may
have kindred questions.
  Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.