The Silvergen has a transformer and rectifier circuit built in like a "wall wart" in the box, vs on the wall. The internal circuitry runs on low voltage DC current..probably around 24 volts DC. If you pull the box apart and check the power supply output with a volt meter, install a bypass tap, then you can run it off batteries etc. [Careful there, 120 volts is a yelping body wiggler.]

The amount of current it will draw varies with the conductivity of the water, but will only draw [probably] 1 milliamp max "through the water", plus whatever it takes to run the circuitry....including the transformer and rectifier etc when hooked up to AC power. I believe it uses a less energy efficient electromechanical relay vs solid state switching, but that's not a huge problem.

There is no set answer to how much power it uses over how much time it takes, when water is such a HUGE variable...but it will use a set *maximum* over however long it takes.
 Water variation makes timers completely useless.

2 watts [max] is a valid answer.
If you bypass the "wart", it will be less.

Or you can get a generator that uses a "wall wart"...and substitute batteries with no modifications needed.

Ode