After my knee replacement, I had a lot of anxiety and depression.  I think it
was largely due to the oxycodone and hydrocodone since it got better after I
got off those.   I also had to put my mother in law into a nursing home a few
weeks after surgery which, with Alzheimer's, pretty much ended her life.
Anyway, for anxiety, the EFT does work.  It would help me get to sleep, ....a
couple times even falling asleep while I was going through the tapping
mentally.  The more you practice it, the better it works.

For depression I've heard SAMe recommended.  I used it for a couple months
before Christmas even though I wasn't really depressed by then. It's supposed
to be great for joints.  It maybe helped a tiny bit, but I could not sleep
well.  I could hardly get to sleep unless I took Lorazepam or Ambien and I'd
wake during the night.  Now that I'm off it, I sleep great.  I figure my body
just didn't need it.

I got off hormones, but after several months I was still having hot
flashes and problems, so I went back on and everything has been fine
(except me worrying about what all I read about hormones.)

I've know a couple people who used Cymbalta.  If she wants to get off it, be
sure she does very slowly, since it can cause lots of problems if one gets off
too abruptly.  I used to need antidepressents from the end of November until
the end of February some years, but they all had awful side effects and I hated
them, even though they immediately made my mood better and I wanted to be more
social.

Be sure  she's using vitamin D.  Deficiency of that is a major cause of
seasonal depression, I think.  I was found to be extremely deficient a couple
years ago even though we were truck drivers at the time and I had to walk the
dog several times a day.  I was amazed that I hadn't been getting enough
vitamin D.

Pat