At 05:29 PM 2/12/2010, you wrote:

What can I do for her poor ears? I have heard of putting Hydrogen Peroxide in the ears and letting it sit for a bit, but she’s only 3 and may not do that well! I have DMSO and could do a CS/DMSO mixture – any particular ratio that seems to work best? Or is there some other remedy that would work well? I’m up for anything at this point!

For my pets I use ear drops my formula is 1 oz EIS (CS), 1/2 tsp MSM (pure crystals or powder, no fillers), 3 to 5 drops DMSO (99% pure). I warm it to body temperature then put a whole dropper full into one ear, massage the base of the ear a bit to try to get the solution as far into the ear canal as possible, then let the animal shake it out. Even though it is shaken out virtually immediately, this was very effective for an acute ear infection, used in conjunction with nebulizing the same mix. 2 or 3 times a day if tolerated. I think 3 times is better, at least for the first 3 days. Important to be sure the eardrum is not ruptured, obviously. But you'd have seen that when checking with the scope............
sol