Go head and smash your coins, wire, & strips of silver. Your call, however they
will become limber and will cost you more in the long run.  Also a smashed
piece of silver will give off a lot of flakes over time and are lost forever,
unless you want to put them all back together again..Duh !,
                                                                           -0-
 I use 2 of the Silver Maple leaf Canadian $5.00 1 oz 9999 fine silver, the
purest silver coin ever made. Now they cost $20.00 to $24.00 each depending on
vender and spot market price of silver.

 Many years ago I bought a bunch of them for $8.00 usa each. I also drilled a
small hole in the top of each coin I used and put in the hole and twisted the
pure silver wire rods tight.  I then could lower the coins to the middle of my
gallon jar that is full of pure distilled water. My Colloid Master Model 777
does the rest of the work, making perfect CS.  It shuts off automatically when
it reaches my desired PPM.  This has served me now for over 12 years, same as
the Maple Leaf coins, I replaced the wire once or twice.

Some of you beginners are making this too difficult .  Its very simple, even
for me. Good Luck !

 Tel Tofflemire
Dewey, AZ.
http://www.quailwoodherbal.com