When my second son was in his first year, we went to his pediatrician for his 1
year checkup.    He had numerous ear infections, sinus infections etc.  The
antibiotics would run their course, he'd be better and immediately get bad
again.  What a pain!

At his checkup, we found out that he had not grown at all for the last 6
months.   This was a sign of trouble.   Turns out, he had a rare immunoglobulin
A deficiency.   The doctor had been in practice for 35 years at that point and
this was only the second case he had ever run into.   Apparently there are
three different immunoglobulins, and each one covers a different area.    What
is extremely rare is when a child has two deficiencies, or the VERY rare
deficiency in which they are deficient in all three.... these kids are the
'bubble' kids.

For my son though, it just meant that when he got ill, he had to take a higher
dose and to stay on it for much longer.    Antibiotics are prescribed to fight
the infection well enough and long enough so that the immune system can take
over and finish the job.  In my son's case, there was nothing there to take
over.

The doctor told us that about 80% of the time, such kids outgrow the deficiency
on their own by age 5.   I am glad to say that this was the scenario for my son.

This is probably not what you are running into, but it is a possibility that
should be investigated.  Your description coincides with my son's experience,
but that doesn't mean it is the same situation.  If this is an unusual
situation like my son's case, it is best to know exactly what you're getting
into so that you can make an informed choice for his treatment, whether it is
more intense anti-biotic treatment, or supplementing with colloidal silver.

Steve