To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:18 PM
Subject: CS>Distiller readings

From: "needling around" <ptf2...@bellsouth.net>
Date: 5 May 2010 10:06:16 PM
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: CS>Distiller readings

Hi, When you write "ppm" you don't say ppm of what?
Thanks.

It's ppm of 'salt', the most common impurity in water, and the only stuff that ordinary ppm meters are calibrated to measure with any accuracy.

Yes 325ppm is lousy for tap water. (Adelaide, South Australia.) Low rainfall, high evapration, etc. The water is filtered at the reservoirs but that doesnt remove the salt. I usually try to distil rainwater but I had run out.

David

PT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alchemysa" <da...@alchemysa.com.au>