FYI Re: camphor

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/camphor.htm

2.1 Main risks and target organs
       Central nervous system (CNS) and kidney: convulsions followed
       by depression, and renal damage may occur after intake of
       relatively small amounts of camphor may occur.  The main risks
       are apnoea, asystole, and severe post-convulsive coma.  Toxic
       effects appear after the ingestion of approximately 2 g
       (lethal dose LD adults: 4 g;  children: 1 g of pure camphor).
     2.2 Summary of clinical effects
       Clinical effects are:  gastric irritation, colic, nausea,
       vomiting, and diarrhoea; anxiety, excitement, delirium, and
       epileptiform convulsions; apnoea and asystole.  CNS depression
       follows the excitatory phase, and may result in coma or,
       rarely, death.  Anuria may occur.  The breath has the
       characteristic odour of camphor.
     2.3 Diagnosis
       Poisoning by camphor is associated with an initial excitatory
       phase, with vomiting, diarrhoea and excitement, followed by NS
       depression and death. A characteristic odour of camphor is
       present on the breath.

       The symptoms may appear 5 to 90 min after ingestion depending

       on the product ingested (solid or liquid)