In a message dated 7/21/2010 4:32:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jman7...@grandecom.net writes:

They are a little bird about the size  of a chicken. They also make great
burglary alarms as well. If anything  approaches the house at night, they
make a ton of noise.My  folks lived near Huntington,Tx on a small farm and they
swore by  them.
Joe

They even sqwak at us & take off running and flying like  something is
really happening.
They are a noisy hoot but we like them.    Our  dog never has fleas but
this summer she has chosen to stay at our daughters who  lives next door but a
far away next door.  The dog came home recently and  we bathed her and she
was loaded in fleas.  I called my daughter and told  her she was going to
have to do something about her fleas and she laughed and  said to "send
Guineas".   Edith