From: Norton, Steve
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:16 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>pederson's silver

Leo,

Damn, I hate to get involved in commenting on commercially sold
colloidal silvers. It is a frustrating no-win proposition. Let me say
that I have no horse in this race. Personally I use several types of
colloidal silver that I make myself. I sell no colloidal silver or
related products. This will sound harsh, but I don't really care if you
take silver or what silver you use. Ode and some others are more patient
and giving than I am in their help because there are many sellers of
colloidal silver and there many misrepresentations of colloidal silver.
Especially by people selling colloidal silver trying to differentiate
THEIR CS from everyone else's. But I want to support Ode's comments.
There is so much misinformation on the Silver Sol site that it is hard
to decide where to start. Plus it is mixed in with good information that
muddles everything. Let's start with the following from the Guardian
site:

"Guardian Silver works by four primary mechanisms:

* The unique oxide coating of the elemental silver nano particle
ruptures the outer membrane of bacteria by removing an electron from the
cell wall, killing the bacteria on contact.
* The silver nano particle emits a specific magnetic resonance-890-910
terahertz-which is selectively destructive to pathogens.
* Supercharged silver sol particles magnetically interfere with the DNA
of viruses, rendering them inactive and unable to replicate.
* The outer chemical structure of Guardian Silver effectively disrupts
the "communication" of intercellular activity."

Guardian Silver consists of primarily silver particles. All silver
particles work by releasing silver ions and it is the silver ions that
are anti-microbial. Silver ions are not released from pure silver. In
vivo, silver particles form silver oxide on its surface and it is the
silver oxide that releases silver ions and provide the anti-microbial
activity. Guardian Silver claims to pre-oxidize their silver particles
by adding hydrogen peroxide to their CS when making it. That is the sum
total of the uniqueness of their CS. There may be some benefit to
pre-oxidizing the silver particles vs waiting for it to happen in vivo.
Is it worth the cost? You will have to decide that.
So the first and last bullets above apply to ALL colloidal silvers,
including ionic silvers.

For the second bullet, replace the word  "magnetic" with "magic" in the
text and you have a more accurate and understandable representation.

For the third bullet, delete the word " magnetically" and you have a
statement that applies to all colloidal silvers, including ionic
silvers.

I scanned through the technical data they provide and only have problems
with the papers they have generated. I don't have time to correct all
the misrepresentations but I would never do business with a company that
so misrepresents their product as they do. You ask for hard science to
rebut Silver Sol's claims but you start by accepting their crap data as
fact until proven otherwise. As I said, I don't care what you use.
Silver Sol is probably as good as any other particulate colloidal
silver.

 - Steve N

Archives: