It takes as long as it takes...test a sample first.
Ode

At 07:16 PM 8/25/2010 +0100, you wrote:
Yes, I had 2 5litre containers. One was completely clear and one was pale tranlucent yellow. I let them sit 3 days and then added a couple of drops of 35% food grade H2O2. The one that had been clear went a muddy yellow and more opaque and the one that had originally been pale yellow went really muddy looking.

So far all I've been using it for is to add to the washing machine because it looked so grotty. would it be safe to add some to the water for washing fruit and veg?

This has sort of put me off adding H2O2. I haven't added any to the latest lots and they're looking fine. I'm sort of scared to add any in case they go the same way.

Cheers
Kirsteen