I was under the impression that the particles in EIS are basically metallic
silver that was "stripped" off of the anode along with silver ions coming
off.  If I understand correctly, Mesosilver particles are metallic silver.

I read elsewhere that while silver ions are coming off the anode, hydroxide
ions are also coming off of the cathode.  Then the two combine into
silverhydroxide.  Then molecules of silverhydroxide agglomerate to form
particles.  Is this true?  If so, where is the hydroxide coming from?  Or is
there only metallic particles?  Or are there both metallic particles as well
as silverhydroxide particles?

Thanks,
~David A.