Hi Joy,
I've entered the name and model number of many an appliance in google and usually something turns up, or leads that leads to something else. There are lots of sites that have reprints or downloads of instructions, and repair manuals, so I wouldn't give up if I were you.

If it's truly a distiller, the water should be fine for making CS. I once tried to make CS with distilled water to which I'd added Prill beads , and the Silver Puppy shut off almost immediately (it was set on auto), indicating that the conductivity was high enough to make the Puppy think the water was finished. Anything other than distilled water will do this with a SilverPuppy on 'auto', Don't know about other generators.

Be well,
Léna