From: Neville Munn [mailto:one.red...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:39 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Wet weight?

Could someone kindly help me out here?

I've been playing around with some small jewellers scales {0.001g up to 10g}
test weighing some EIS and found I have already observed one EIS solution
that actually weighs *less* than plain DW...???

How can this be so?

Or is this where Density or Specific Gravity of silver comes in, which I
believe is 10.5 {and this is probly SG of powdered silver as well, not the
same form of silver that we produce using electrolysis?}  Or perhaps it
indicates different characteristics of ions and/or atomic ion clusters in
solution.

If this is where 'mole' weight comes in then I'll just stick those scales
back in the cupboard again and won't bother going any further cos that's
*well* over my capacity of chemistry/physics understanding.

I'm aware this is a bit of a cowboy method of measuring, and probly won't be
100% accurate, but the scales DO indicate something with a couple of
different solutions I've played around with, which means they certainly
appear to be good enough for my exercise.

N.