I don't recall seeing anywhere the magnitude of the difference. However that is addressed in #4 below as one of the possible sources of error.

That would be some useful information, or alternatively he should run a series of measurements and produce a repeatability diagram. If he runs say 10 measurements and they all lie within "X" of the mean, then he does the same for the other and that mean is outside the mean +/- "X" of the other, then he is likely outside the level of measurement error. Of course to do it right, you mathematically compute the standard deviation, then you can give the probability that the result is actual or error.

Marshall