I had plantar fasciitis years ago, but not from lyme disease.  We moved into
a house with stairs, and all that up and down made the calf muscles very
stiff, and because the achilles' tendon was stronger than the plantar
fascii, guess which one got hurt.  I looked up all sorts of stuff online,
not knowing what the actual problem was.  Thought it was a bone spur,
arthritis, etc.  Reading some obscure article somewhere, it mentioned
"inflexible calf muscles" could cause the plantar fascii to be damaged.  So,
I started to gently stretch my calves.  The relief was immediate!!   I kept
stretching the calf muscles a few times per day, making sure not to stretch
so much that I hurt the plantar fascii again, until the muscles stayed.
Even now, if I'm going up and down the stairs a lot, I will feel a little
pull, and have to remember to do my stretches.

Debbie