Um, Gayla, I think you mean "callus". Callous is an adjective. (Sorry, like
Hermione Granger, I`m an insufferable know-it-all...)
When I was a kid and we had horses, back in the 1960s and 70`s, we also
called them chestnuts,
for what it`s worth.
Gosh, I miss my Arabian, Markuba. Although it was because of him, I had to
be knocked out with general anesthesia for my c-section in 1979. Seems
that, when he threw me off and I landed on my back with a rock under my
spine, I`d come really close to a broken back! Enough so that the epidural
whouldn`t go through my spinal column. Yikes!
Be well!!!
Marshalee