Charles King wrote:

> Nellie,
> Take and note your pulse rate, and write it down.
> Try a few drops of CS under your tongue, and see if your pulse goes up within,
> say, 5 minutes. That should indicate sensitivity!
>                                                         Chuck
> 42--The answer to life, the universe, and everything
>
> --

I might add that during this time read a book (that is not violent) or something
that will not cause any type of fear or enhanced sexual reaction.  Simply
worrying
about the outcome of this test can of itself cause an elevated heart rate.  My
wife consistantly gets a higher heart rate and blood pressure when the doctor
takes it then when I take it at home.  She said it is because she is nervous
about
it.  I'm not sure, it could be because he is cute.

Marshall