Thanks for all of the great ideas. I am a very spiritual person, I believe things like this happen for a reason, and I KNOW things will be OK ... eventually. It's just getting thru this short term stress....

I wish I could retire, I'm only 51 and my savings are not spectacular.

-Alan

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Lena Guyot <drumr...@stny.rr.com <mailto:drumr...@stny.rr.com>> wrote:

    I agree with PT! That has been such a fundamental thing in my
    lifethat i often forget to even recommend it. L

    On Nov 9, 2012, at 9:24 AM, PT Ferrance wrote:

    I would learn to meditate.  It is the best de-stressor there is.
    Good luck.
    PT

    *From:*Alan Jones <alanmjo...@gmail.com
    <mailto:alanmjo...@gmail.com>>
    *To:*silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:*Fri, November 9, 2012 8:43:37 AM
    *Subject:*CS>anxiety and stress

    My world has been turned upside down. After nearly 30 years at
    the same company, where I always got stellar performance reviews
    and incredible raises, bonuses and stock options, all of a
    sudden, without warning, I am told I make too much money and my
    employment is in immediate jeopardy (I'm a software engineer).

    If this wasn't bad enough, my body is responding with extreme
    stress and anxiety, which are severely affecting my ability to
    function in my job, let alone life.

    My wife has some anxiety pills which I have been taking, which
    help a bit.  I hate drugs, however, and am looking for other
    options.  I would think that some effective hypnosis program
    would be useful to get this under control, but so far haven't
    found anything that looks effective.

    Any help is appreciated...

    --
    Alan Jones

    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the
    Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to
    the States respectively, or to the people."  (Tenth Amendment to
    the US Constitution)